I visited a few coupon sites today for some good coupons. I have to say I’m a bit disappointing for the number of whole food coupons available for January. January is supposed to be the health food month due to all those people trying to cut the holiday pounds. I did find a few good things though.
- $0.75 off select 18ct Good Earth Tea
- $0.99 off 6 Gerber 2nd foods Organic pouches (I don’t use these as baby food, but as travel snacks for my 3 year old)
- Buy 3 Earths Best infant pouches get one free up to $1.39 (used as travel snacks)
- Buy 3 Earths Best toddler pouches get one free up to $1.39 (used as travel snacks)
- $1.00 off when you buy any 3 Market Pantry Pastas. I wasn’t sure if they had 100% whole wheat so I check, and they did. The Penne was the cheapest at $1.12 for a 13.5oz box. With the coupon they come out to $0.79 each.
- $1.50 off any 2 Enjoy Life Products
- $1.00 off any Country Choice Organics
- $0.75 off any EB Farms product
I didn’t mention what my menu plan is for this week. We got some really great stuff in our CSA box this week. I typically get on the website for our CSA on Sunday and Monday to see what I can expect to see in our box that week and plan my menu off of that. So here is the plan for the week we are currently in.
- Red Curry (found a great recipe that uses a Kabocha Squash which we received in our box last week)
- Black bean pie…kinda like a Mexican lasagna
- Crepes…both whole wheat and buckwheat, sweet and savery
- A pasta dish that uses Napa Cabbage from our box
- Veggi Chili
- Spinach Fritata (spinach from box)
- Baked Potatoes (from box) and left over Chili
I had also planned on having left over party fair from my daughters 1st birthday party. But sadly both her and my son got strep so we had to cancel. I’m not sure what I’m going to do for that 7th dinner. I’m sure I can pull something together out of my stockup stuff.
I’m really excited to do my menu plan for next week and really hope that some of the ingredients will be in the CSA box. I’m so excited because I received the latest copy of Whole Living in the mail this week and it has some REALLY great stuff. Magazines can be hit and miss with recipes, but this issue has so many great ones. And many of the ingredients are seasonal, so their is a good change I will see some of them in the box next week. If not I will most likely choose just one or two to try out.