My husband finished his Juice, or I guess fruit and veggie, reboot. It went well and was not quit as expensive as I had anticipated. He will continue to juice for breakfast of weekdays.
As I mentioned previously, I will be switching my budget to a Tuesday start day as that is the day we get our CSA box. For this weeks shopping trip I have $61.60 of my $80 budget to spend as my share of the CSA box is $18.40. My husband is very slowly adding healthy foods back into his diet so for my menu I am planning things with little dairy or meat and whole grains with only a little gluten. I’m sure he would like me to try add thing back a bit quicker as Thanksgiving is a week and a half away. And of course he would like to eat Thanksgiving dinner without getting sick from the rich foods.
Here is my menu for the week
- Crock pot brown rice risotto (I’ll post the recipe later)
- Taco Salad
- Fried Rice
- Chili Soup with whole grain corn bread
- Wild Rice Casserole with greenbeans…and maybe some meat
- Homemade garden burgers with homemade sweet potato fries
- Breakfast, I’m thinking baked oatmeal, but we always have stuff for omlette’s around the house.
I know I have some of the stuff I on hand already so I think it will be a good budget week.