Mambo Sprout released their October Messenger this week and there are some great coupons available. These are the three I’m most excited about:
- $1.00 off one Silk quart or larger (including Singles 4-packs)
- $1.00 off any Nature’s Path Organic Flax Plus Cereal
- Buy any 1 Kit’s Organic Fruit & Nut Bar and get 1 FREE (up to $1.60)
My husband’s stomach has a hard time with Cow milk so we do buy milk alternatives. I’m really hoping to be able to find the Kit Organic bars here in Redding. They are supposed to be just like Lara Bars, but Organic. If you have seen them anywhere please let me know!
So, if you remember I said I had less than $40 dollars to get my shopping trip done. I did not meet that, but I did remember that next Tuesday is a “Vacation week” for our CSA box, so I had and extra $18.40 to spend! So I actually had $57.69 to spend. I still went over budget, but only by $4.13 which will come out of next weeks budget.
The whole family made a trip to Grocery Outlet last night. I love to do family outings like this, but we ALWAYS end up spending more than if I were to go alone or with just the kids. We spent a total of $33.17 on food (we also got 3 pair of Carter’s Jammies for my 9 month old for $4.99 ea). Here are some of the things we got:
- Large container of Mountain High Plain Yogurt for $1.49
- Land-O-Lake 2.5oz snack block cheeses for $0.50 ea
- Organic frozen Green Beans for $1.29 ea
- Kashi Cereal for $1.49
- 48 ct Kashi Blueberry frozen waffles for $7.99 (for the mornings when we just don’t have time, they do have cane sugar in them, but it is way at the bottom of the list)
- Bolthouse Farms 32oz 100% carrot Juice for $2.49
- Bolthouse Farms 32oz Protein Plus for $1.99 (these two drinks are what will put us over budget this week)
This morning the kids and I went to WinCo and Trader Joe’s. We spent $23.03 at WinCo and $5.62 at Trader Joe’s. I did use my Muir Glenn coupon at WinCo this week. I wouldn’t say I got a great deal,($1.16 for the can after my $0.50 off coupon) but I needed the tomatoes this week. I got a lot of bulk stuff like flour, rice, nuts, seeds, and dried fruit. I did not get a lot of veggies as I planned my menu off of our CSA box.
Here is the Menu for this week
- Baked Potatoes and Chili
- Vegetarian Jambalaya with Turkey Smoked Sausage for the hubs
- Tilapia (for the hubs) Mashed Turnips and Collard Greens (I’ll think of something else to go with it for me)
- Spaghetti Squash and potato breakfast bake
- Indian Curry
- Corn and Potato chowder
- Eggplant Parmisan
It should be a good week!