So there was a small scheduling issue with the veggie box for next Tuesday. I originally had it as a “vacation week” so the box would not come (we have been doing every other week so we are sure to use all of the produce). But somehow this next week was changed to a deliver day and the person I share with will be on vacation. So that gave me a big challenge for this weeks shopping trip. The box will cost $36.80 so I had $43.20 from this week and a measly $1.34 left over from last week to help, so a total of $44.54 to get what I needed.
First I went to Grocery Outlet (items on left, without the organic dark chocolate I got) and spent $15.02 but $3.58 of that was to buy them out of the last two boxes on Kashi 7 grain cereal (not pictured) which came out of my stock up budget. So $11.44 from my weekly budget.
Next to WinCo (items on right without the small amount of dried cranberries I got my son a a treat from the bulk section) and spent $27.44. I got an even better deal on Hodgson Mill Oat Bran (not pictured, deal listed below) than last week for $.77, so $26.67 from my weekly budget.
Last I went to Trader Joe’s (items on left) and spent $5.44 for a total of $43.55. $.99 to spare. But did I get everything I needed? Nope. I wanted to get tortillas at Trader Joe’s but will have to attempt to make them instead. I also need another dozen eggs so I may have to go a bit over budget…unless someone want me to take care of there chickens this week in trade for eggs 🙂
I didn’t get as many good deals I got at WinCo this week, but still every dollar counts. Here they are:
- Earthbound Farms Organic Carrots for $.88 with $.75 off any EB Forms Product making them $.13
- Earthbound Farms Organic Heirloom lettuce $.98 with $.75 off any EB Forms Product making it $.24
- Family sized box Shredded Mini wheat cereal for $4.54 with $1.00 coupon making it $3.54
- Hodgson Mill Oat Bran for $1.77 with $1.00 coupon making it $.77
Here is the menu plan for the week
- Baked Zitti type dish with salad and homemade meatballs for the boys
- Egg, Potato Spinach Fritata ( somehow we didn’t get to it last week)
- Burgers with homemade fries
- Fried Rice
- Fennel Turnip Soup
- Homemade Butternut Squash Ravioli using a recipe from 100daysofrealfood.
I’ll try to post some other dinner recipes later this week.